segunda-feira, 31 de outubro de 2011

Spinning Away






Up on a hill, as the day dissolves
With my pencil turning moments into line
High above in the violet sky
A silent silver plane - it draws a golden chain
One by one, all the stars appear
As the great winds of the planet spiral in
Spinning away, like the night sky at Arles
In the million insect storm, the constellations form
On a hill, under a raven sky
I have no idea exactly what I've drawn
Some kind of change, some kind of spinning away
With every single line moving further out in time
And now as the pale moon rides (in the stars)
Her form in my pale blue lines (in the stars)
And there, as the world rolls round (in the stars)
I draw, but the lines move round (in the stars)
There, as the great wheels blaze (in the stars)
I draw, but my drawing fades (in the stars)
And now, as the old sun dies (in the stars)
I draw, and the four winds sigh (in the stars)

Brian Eno & John Cale
"Spinning Away"
do album "Wrog Way Up", 1990


Ao fim de 4 idas ao aeródromo de Torres Vedras nos últimos 3 meses, que não deram em nada por não estarem reunidas as condições climatéricas necessárias, chegou finalmente a oportunidade de fazer uma das coisas mais malucas desde que saltei de paraquedas de uma altitude de 4200 metros... fazer um voo acrobático num biplano. Já tinha falado aqui e aqui desta oportunidade única que surgiu na minha vida aos trambolhões - cortesia de um concurso que a TMN promoveu e que sem estar minimamente à espera, acabei por ganhar - pelo que não me irei repetir. O que posso dizer desde já é que esta experiência valeu e muito o tempo de espera. Pelo que tempo que durou (cerca de 25 minutos ao invés dos 10 minutos que normalmente dura), pela transmissão de algumas bases teóricas de voo, pela possibilidade que o piloto me deu de controlar por alguns minutos o avião, mas, acima de tudo, porque tive a oportunidade inesquecível e inesperada de fazer um looping sozinho, tendo apenas como guia as orientações que o piloto me ia dando através dos auscultadores, a partir do seu cockpit, que é atrás. Esta foi a forma do piloto me recompensar o tempo de espera, e muito especialmente por se ter apercebido  - nos muitos momentos em que acabámos por falar - que conquistar o céu sempre foi o meu grande sonho, desde o tempo em que o universo do meu eixo Z mal chegava às gavetas da cozinha, e a altitude mais alta a que me tinha aventurado ser o colo do meu pai.

O vídeo foi filmado numa GoPro, um equipamento gentilmente cedido para o efeito pela empresa Memória Virtual - Reparação e manutenção de computadores. Devo dizer que fazer o corte e montagem deste filme foi uma tarefa ingrata. Como seleccionar 8 minutos de instantes memoráveis, quando os 25 minutos foram inesquecíveis?

Não acredito na felicidade plena. Quem é que quer ser feliz para sempre? Para além do que seria uma grande seca, ironicamente deixariamos de ser felizes... o valor de algo - e algo aqui pode ser tudo - é directamente proporcional à sua raridade, delicadeza e volatilidade. Acredito sim em instantes de pura felicidade... segundos que podem ser eternos, e que nos deixam uma marca indelével que o tempo nunca apagará. Segundos de paz onde nos podemos refugiar quando a tempestade chega.

Este foi um desses momentos. E nada mais direi.

(*) Mais precisamente o 2ª looping, e que está registado no filme aos 4:15 minutos.



After four trips to the airport of Torres Vedras in the last 3 months, which came to nothing because the necessary weather conditions don't prevail, the opportunity has finally arrived to do one of the craziest things i've done since i jumped with a parachute from an altitude of 4200 meters ... to experience an acrobatic flight on a biplane. I had already tell here and here this unique opportunity that arose in my life stumbling - courtesy of a contest that TMN has promoted and i unnexpectadly win - so I will not repeat myself. What I can say now is that this experience was worth the waiting time that i spend. Because it lasted about 25 minutes instead of 10 minutes which normally lasts, because i learned some theoretical bases of flight, because pilot gave me the possibility to control the plane for awhile, but above all, because I had the unforgettable and unexpected opportunity to make a looping alone, guided only by the guidelines that the pilot was giving me through the headphones from his cockpit, which is behind. This is how pilot reward me for the waiting time, and especially because he have realized - the many times we ended up talking - that fly has always been my dream since the time when the universe of my Z axis was roughly the kitchen drawers height, and the highest altitude to which I had ventured was the neck of my father.

The video was shot on a GoPro digital camera, an equipment kindly provided for this purpose by the company 
Memória Virtual - Reparação e manutenção de computadores. I must say that cutting and assembly this film was a very difficult task. How to select eight minutes of memorable moments, when the 25 minutes were unforgettable?

I do not believe in eternal happiness. Who wants to be happy forever? Beyond what would be a great drought, ironically, in this case, no longer be happy ... in fact, the value of something is directly proportional to its rarity, delicacy and volatility. I do believe in a moment of pure happiness ... seconds that can be eternal, leaving an indelible mark that time will never erase. Seconds of peace where we can retreat to when the storm comes.

This was one of those moments. And nothing else i will say.

(*) More precisely the 2 nd loop, which is registered in the movie 4:15 minutes.

Sem comentários:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...